BEMIDJI, Minn. –The Bemidji State College girls’s hockey group is again in motion this weekend after a bye week and returns residence to host No. 7/6 College of Minnesota Duluth for a Western Collegiate Hockey Affiliation sequence. The Beavers (2-6-2, 1-6-1 WCHA) and Bulldogs (4-4-0, 4-4-0 WCHA) start their sequence Friday, Nov. 19 at 3:01 p.m., adopted by sport two Saturday at 2:01 p.m.
Bemidji State Notes
- Bemidji State returns residence after its bye weekend to host No. 7/6 Minnesota Duluth.
- Of their final motion, the Beavers traveled to No. 1 College of Wisconsin, Nov. 6-7.
- BSU went 0-1-1 towards the top-ranked Badgers after incomes a 0-0 tie in sport one. Wisconsin earned the additional level in league standings after successful the shootout 1-0. The Badgers then rolled to an 8-1 victory in sport two.
- Sophomore goaltender Hannah Hogenson powered the Beavers in sport one by stopping a career-high 56 saves and earned her first profession shutout within the tie.
- Hogenson began only one sport in web over the weekend and for the second consecutive week was awarded the WCHA Goaltender of the Week.
- Bemidji State’s lone purpose within the sequence was scored by fifth-year senior Paige Beebe who now leads the group with 4 targets on the season.
- Senior Graysen Myers earned the first help on the purpose and paces the group with seven factors off of three targets and 4 assists this season.
- Beebe and junior Reece Hunt are second on the group in scoring with six factors every whereas Hunt paces the group with 5 assists.
- Sophomore Taylor Nelson is fourth on the group with 4 factors off of a purpose and three assists whereas fifth-year senior Lydia Passolt follows with three factors off of a purpose and two assists.
- 5 of the Beavers’ seven defenseman who’ve dressed this season are freshman and freshman Makenna Deering paces the blueline with two factors (2a).
- Deering additionally leads the Beavers with 18 blocks this season and is tied for eighth within the WCHA.
- Hogenson leads the Beavers’ netminders with 368:06 minutes performed between the pipes and has began six of the final seven video games for BSU. She has posted a 1-3-2 report this season with a 2.12 targets towards common and .943 save share.
- Hogenson is third within the WCHA and tied for tenth within the nation in save share whereas her targets towards common ranks fourth within the convention.
- Bemidji State enters this weekend’s sequence tied for seventh within the WCHA standings with 4 factors in convention play and a 1-6-1 league report.
- Bemidji State is 2-6-2 total and is 0-3-1 in its final 4 video games.
- The Beavers are 1-2-1 when enjoying on the highway this season.
- Bemidji State will face its third consecutive ranked opponent this week and of its six opponents to date this season, 4 have been nationally ranked whereas one has obtained votes.
- Bemidji State faces Minnesota Duluth for the primary time this season. The Beavers are 22-80-4 all-time towards the Bulldogs together with a 10-35-1 report when enjoying in Bemidji.
- The Beavers and Bulldogs break up their solely sequence final season with every group successful a one purpose, time beyond regulation sport.
- The Beavers are 4-6-0 of their final 10 conferences versus the Bulldogs.
- Fifth-year seniors Lindsey Featherstone and Paige Beebe lead all lively skaters with 24 profession video games performed towards UMD whereas Lydia Passolt follows with 20. Beebe leads all lively skaters with 11 profession factors (5g-6a) towards the Bulldogs whereas Hunt follows with six factors (3g-3a) and Passolt has 4 factors (2g-2a).
- Dowhy paces BSU’s netminders with eight profession video games performed towards the Bulldogs and has posted a 4-3-0 report, 1.76 targets towards common and .938 save share.
Minnesota Duluth Notes
- It’s been awhile, however UMD’s final sequence was again on Oct. 23-24, a sweep of St. Thomas in Mendota Heights, Minn. by scores of 3-0 and 7-0.
- UMD’s energy play conversion fee is 30.0 — the fourth-highest energy play within the NCAA. The Bulldogs have gone 6-of-20 via their first eight video games.
- UMD’s top-scoring line of Élizabeth Giguère, Gabbie Hughes and Anna Klein one of many top-scoring strains within the nation via the Bulldogs first eight video games.
- Hughes, who leads UMD in scoring with 14 factors (6g, 8a), is tied for seventh within the NCAA with a 1.75 factors per sport common. Giguère is tied for fifteenth within the NCAA with a 1.62 PPG common on 5 targets and eight assists for 13 factors in eight video games, and Klein is tied for nineteenth with a 1.50 PPG with 4 targets and eight assists for 12 factors.
Nestled in Northern Minnesota’s picket area and positioned on the shore of Lake Bemidji, BSU sponsors 15 varsity athletic packages with NCAA Division I males’s and girls’s hockey membership within the Western Collegiate Hockey Affiliation, whereas its 13 NCAA Division II packages maintain membership within the Northern Solar Intercollegiate Convention (NSIC).