AMES, Iowa – The Iowa Studying Farms conservation webinar happening Dec. 1 at midday CST will characteristic Laura Witzling, assistant professor within the Greenlee Faculty of Journalism and Communication at Iowa State College. Witzling conducts environmental communication analysis with an emphasis on watersheds and native meals methods. Her experience in bridging communications methods and extension outreach actions will present steerage for agricultural and conservation educators.
Within the webinar, “Extending Outreach Impacts via Digital Occasions and Fb Adverts,” Witzling will spotlight current analysis outcomes from a survey of farmers concerning fringe of discipline practices and the outcomes of a number of social media assessments. She can even talk about new approaches to outreach that incorporate digital occasions and Fb ads to raise connectivity with farmers whereas capitalizing on the uptick in on-line consolation throughout all goal audiences. Iowa Studying Farms is a part of Iowa State College Extension and Outreach.
“We carried out the social media testing to assist researchers and educators higher perceive how data and ideas may be strengthened or delivered via totally different communications channels equivalent to Fb,” mentioned Witzling. “The pandemic has normalized participation in digital occasions, creating new alternatives to have interaction farmers with related and helpful data via a number of channels. My hope is that individuals will come away with a greater understanding of using social media promoting as a viable and efficient a part of their outreach methods.”
Members in Iowa Studying Farms Conservation Webinars are inspired to ask questions of the presenters. Folks from all backgrounds and areas of curiosity are inspired to affix.
Webinar entry directions
To take part within the stay webinar, shortly earlier than midday CST Dec. 1:
- Click on this URL, or kind this internet tackle into your web browser: https://iastate.zoom.us/j/364284172.
- Or, go to https://iastate.zoom.us/be part of and enter assembly ID 364 284 172.
- Or, be part of from a dial-in cellphone line, dial +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923, with assembly ID 364 284 172.
- The webinar can even be recorded and archived on the ILF web site, in order that it may be watched at any time. Archived webinars can be found at https://www.iowalearningfarms.org/web page/webinars.
- A Licensed Crop Adviser board-approved persevering with training unit has been utilized for. Those that take part within the stay webinar are eligible. Details about the best way to apply to obtain the CEU will likely be offered on the finish of the stay webinar.
Shareable picture: Laura Witzling.